View Single Post
      11-06-2016, 05:53 PM   #11
skilz4u2nv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7isPerfect View Post
where did you get that M6 diffuser from? BMW?
so to do quad setup, i have to remove the mpackage black diffuser you had in the beggining and put that M6 diffuser right? and then maybe get another carbonfiber diffuser that goes underneath it?

Correct, the black M-Sport lower diffuser has to be removed and either thrown away or sold to someone else (my experience has been that no one wants that piece so it found its way to the garbage bin)

I was really lucky however, I found a nice guy not too far from me who just so happened to be selling an Alpine White M6 rear diffuser on craigslist for pretty cheap. He had upgraded to another carbon fiber piece I believe and he had no use for this one anymore.
If you cant get that lucky they do sell them online.. I want to say that it is BMW part#51128052677. Only problem is that if you buy it online it will most likely only come primed and you will have to take it to a paint shop to get it color matched to your car, or do a completely different accent color. I would venture a guess that the piece online will cost you about $150-$250 depending on the website and you will spend another ~$150 to paint it.

The plan is to get the other carbon fiber diffuser that goes underneath that like the one Vorsteiner sells but they are really expensive; north of $2000 just for that piece uninstalled. There are some China knockoffs on ebay for half the price but I am a little leery of those.
Appreciate 0