Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie01se View Post
I'm sorry for offending everyone!

But do they seriously look ugly? Or is it because they are LM knock offs? ...
Perhaps the wheels aren't "ugly"....but they don't fit the overall scheme which is why you're getting comments to put the OE wheels back on (or if not oe...the ones that were mounted in the original pics.

I confess like a few others that mentioned it...I'm not exactly a "black wheel" fan. But if going with black wheels...then at least be consistent with the overall "blackening" (like having exterior shadowline trim). And as your car was first presented...everything "worked" with having black wheels (the shoes (aka wheels) matched the outfit)

When you put these silver wheels on your M6...they now stand out differently than the rest of the car's color scheme. You have black grills, and black shadowline exterior trim, black door handles and it looks like the thingies on the front fenders are even black....but the wheels are silver....and appear to be the only thing silver on the car.

Even your car's color (space gray) has black undertones...so again, the silver wheels come across as mismatched because they aren't following the color scheme. Some may not even be able to verbalized it...but may just be reacting to cognitive dissonance (something is wrong but they can't put their finger on it). The silver wheels are similar to the faux pas of wearing a brown belt and brown shoes with a black suit....or white shoes with a black tux, cumberbund, and bow-tie

But in the end...its your car and your decision...and all that matters is if you like it...regardless of how we feel or the comments we make.

The original set-up with black wheels get a score of:

The new set up with the silver wheels get a score of:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-09-2018 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 2