11-20-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyliving View Post
I have a 2012 BMW 650i, which I purchased used from Momentum BMW in Houston, TX back in Dec 2017. Fortunately, I purchased an extended warranty for that "just in case" security since the car had roughly 54K miles on it. The car was driven for about 4K miles before I took it in for some service light issues I kept getting - drive train, tire pressure, etc. They tell me the oil gasket has to be replaced and perform that service. The very next day I get my car back and start to hear a odd ticking sound when decelerating, around 3000 RPMs. Over the next 2 days that sound grew in intensity and I decided to drive the car over to the dealership - by the time I pulled up to the dealership the car knock was so loud that the SA asked me to turn if off immediately. He grabbed a veteran tech and had me turn on the car, and he immediately asked me to turn it off. He was certain it was failed engine and required a replacement.

7.5 MONTHS LATER....

My car is still sitting in the shop. I have been making payments on the car loan and I still have no ETA on a replacement engine. I have escalated with BMW of NA and they claim that since my car was part of the class action lawsuit, I have no recourse for action and they cannot do anything outside of the court ordered reparations - as a result I just have to wait.

I have owned several of their cars over the years and even motorcycles. I've been a die hard BMW fan the majority of my life. The lack of communications from BMW on replacement engines is a clear example of how company failures extend beyond their piss-poor engineering on these motors.

I'm chucking the deuce on BMW.
Did you opt in or opt out of the lawsuit (some class actions lawsuits have one option, other the reverse)? If you did not join or chose to leave the lawsuit, then the lawsuit is irrelevant and they should be replacing your engine under the extended warranty.
Appreciate 0