View Single Post
      03-25-2020, 12:21 PM   #10
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

this should be a coolant problem, i believe the car runs naturally hot, close to the boiling point anyways, the coolant is used to elevate the boiling temperature as well as lower the freezing temperature. proper mixture of the coolant is suppose to be 70/30 coolant to water. if you are not leaking it from somewhere it may be being boiled off. I would check the turbo coolant lines as those are the hottest lines in the vehicle and highest probability of leakage.

When i received my first engine temp to high message i checked both my coolant levels. I first checked the inter cooler coolant, which was low. also the car will not give you a warning if your inter cooler coolant is low, there is no sensor in it, however the pump has a dry run protection system. I then went to check my engine coolant level, and it was very low, maybe 1L low or more. I filled it to about half way up the neck of the fill tube and it fixed my problem.

I now also just recently inspected my system after about a years worth of driving, i noticed no loss at all. I planned on changing my charge pipes so had to remove my coolant lines to the turbos. once i started to pull the hoses i saw that one was already broken, so i must have just caught it before things got bad. I am upgrading these hoses to silicone hoses to reduce the wear on these hoses and also putting on a better heat jacket from DEI.

Good luck resolving your issue and i hope this helps at least