03-18-2019, 09:48 PM   #62
M6DYS
SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
But we were talking about BMW vs Mercedes, and he made a general statement about all BMWs versus a specific product line.

I'm not debating your GTR comment. I can see a 2014 GTR with similar mileage as my M6 costs around $8k more on list. But I would say the GTR is more of a Corvette and R8 competitor. However, after 2015, GTR sells dipped significantly to less than 1000 per year.
True! I agree with you. I became aware of the resale value of both my BMW M6 and my GTR almost a year ago when I got buy back offers from BMW and Nissan. I have always given props to my BMWs over the years as being a class above all the rest. So, I never gave much thought to its resale value until then. At first, I thought that BMW was trying to lowball me with their offer for buy back. So, I went online and tried several appraisal sites. That’s when it occurred to me that the M6s were losing their value really quickly. So, I decided to appraise my GTR and realized that it’s resale value was much better than my M6. Since then, I must have read a dozen different articles relating to BMW M6 and their value. None of which I found to be reassuring, to say the least.

IMO, the bottom line is that M6s and BMW “M” class vehicles aren’t what they used to be. However, the new M5 seems to be holding its own right now. That’s primarily due to the all wheel drive and 600hp. Let’s hope that is a positive sign that BMW “M” class is making a comeback.
Appreciate 0