View Single Post
      03-11-2019, 06:06 PM   #11
111singh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Nothing atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
That's not what I'm talking about. That screen is service history and you could receive a more detailed report by running the VIN at any dealership. There's another screen that shows estimated date and "mileage to go" for the next servicing. Something like this:

Basically, if this car is at a BMW dealership, there's no excuse other than laziness for the sales guy to scan the key and get a paper readout of the upcoming service due. If this is an independent dealership or private seller, they need to hover over or select each item and note down the date and mileage to go reading for the major items like brake fluid, oil, and brakes.

My point is:

1. Don't worry about HISTORY. 2014+ cars would have had the majority of its servicing history done at a dealership (because it was free). Run the VIN at the dealership and get a print out of the detailed report for you to review.

2. WORRY about UPCOMING servicing. Because for all you know, prior owner decided to sell the car right before a $6k brake job. And if that's the case, it's a point of price negotiation. I wouldn't worry too much about something like oil or brake fluid, but brakes would be the single biggest item that will set you back thousands off the bat.
this is amazing info! thanks i'll see of the guy agrees to a facetime call and lets me walk him through this menu so i can see when each item is due.
Appreciate 0