View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 07:28 PM   #9
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsavized View Post
Thanks for the response I did look at the bimmer-tech one, the only thing I am worried about with that upgrade, is if it voids my warranty... Also, I already have the touch controller, so I guess my install would be fairly simple? I don't care about other fancy stuff -- existing features must work, car play and the nice looking display. How much did it run you total? Also, you have a link to your write up?

For the CF parts, I think I will go with the cheaper ones. What you said makes sense ... might as well get another new set if they get scraped.

Yes, I do all the recommended maintenance on all my cars. Just wondering if this one has some sort of an Achilles heel that I need to pay extra attention to?
this is the link to the write up, i did way more than what your going to have to do if you decide to do the upgrade. i think you just need a screen honestly. call them up and talk to nelson, he will tell you all the parts you will need for the conversion and what it will cost based off your VIN. I don't know if it voids your warranty but i doubt any BMW tech will even notice, no one at my dealership noticed i did my upgrade going from a totally different system. but then again they didn't scan the car either. I would say since its OEM equipment designed for the car and retrofits are possible even through BMW. i would call it good. my full cost for the upgrade was $3000 but was a lot of parts and work involved, and a full coding session to make sure it all worked as intended.

https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1565702

maintenance wise the plugs and coils go frequently on these cars and just change your front 02 sensors if you tune your car. i buy all my parts from fcpeuro.com. their warranty is unbeatable and is hassle free. every 10k miles i pretty much do whats in the maintenance procedure.

just note that running a tune with say catless downpipes will cook those front 02 sensors so i change them every other oil change. better safe than sorry.
Appreciate 0