11-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #31
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
haha, I think we've been confusing each other.

I just want to confirm:

1. Whether my 2014 M6 (yet to be delivered) has NBT - as of today looking at the navigation screen and comparing it against my CIC screen, it appears so

2. Whether simply adding the NBT touch controller will add touch function without coding - it appears to be "no".

2a. If no, then what else do I need to add the touch function?

3. whether touch is really worth it for the cost of retrofit - my initial take is: "likely no".

1. Mine is a 2014 and has NBT so I’m guessing yours will.
2. No. Coding is required. The iDrive needs to know that touch is enabled so needs to be coded to show the touch options in settings and in the text entry screens.
2a. IDrive Touch controller + Touch ECU + wiring harness (very simply harness that splices the existing cables between touch ECU and controller). These parts are readily available on eBay if you search for them.

3. Upgrading the iDrive controller for looks alone is worth it in my opinion and after that it doesn’t cost much to add touch. I disagree with previous comments regards usability as I find it pretty good but have to agree that I don’t use it often. In my view changing the screen to the newer OLED version is a much better value upgrade and requires no coding either.

Hope that helps
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4984.50