View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 08:30 AM   #1
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Wanting to move from an M5 to the M6

I've owned my 2014 M5 for 3.5 years and when I bought it, I recall going back and forth on whether I wanted the M5 or M6. I thought the 6 was aesthetically the nicer or should I say the more aggressive looking of the two. I went on multiple test drives and in the end, it basically came down to passenger capacity. The M6 simply didn't allow for adults to comfortably sit in the rear. In hindsight, I've only had rear passengers less than a handful of times within the 3.5 years of owning my M5.

Fast forward to 2020, I'm itching again for the M6. In fact I'm thinking I want the GC Comp Pack. Actually I know I want a CP vehicle this time around. I pulled the trigger on a stage 1 tune for the M5 but never got around to installing it for other reasons. I also planned on the usual mods like the exhaust, suspension and others but kept holding off for some reason.

My questions for the M6 guys are:

Coupe or Gran Coupe? It seems like I can't find many GC CP while I've seen several Coupe w/CP.

Which one if any looks better with a good set of wheels, suspension etc? I know this is probably personal preference but just wondering if there's any do's or don'ts out there related to modding a GC or Coupe.

What year should I try to stay away from? I wouldn't want anything older than 2016. Should be the same as the M5 so just checking.

I'm 6"4. One of the things I remember about the M6 was the headroom. I had to position the seat down low in an effort to keep my head from touching the ceiling. Is this a visibility concern for taller drivers when driving or parking? Due to the distance of the nose from the driver.

Lastly, should I consider the B6 Alpina? I know it's not an M but the numbers sure to look impressive. Also can you put a tune on the B6? Or does it make sense to do so?

Thanks in advance for your insight. Also don't let the F10 M5 guys know I'm over here inquiring about jumping ship and switching sides
Appreciate 0