View Single Post
      11-09-2023, 10:08 AM   #38
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGrits10 View Post
I've noticed that in addition to the relatively hard seats, the seat position is a problem for me on long-run comfort. To take pressure off my tailbone/butt I like to raise up the front of the seat so my thighs take more weight, but on this car the front doesn't go very high, so to get that tilt I'd have to drop the rear of the seat down, which drops my head too low for good visibility. I do like a fairly reclined seating position so I'm sure that doesn't help, but c'mon BMW I'm not short (5-11) and I feel like I'm a little old lady peeking over the top of the doors/dash if I don't compromise my seating position.
Yeah, they are not the best. To get any thigh support at all my left leg has to be stretched all the time with my foot on the dead pedal. But I have discovered that there is really no way to tell how comfortable seats are before you buy. I just rented a Kia Sportage SUV for a road trip, and when we first got in it seemed very comfortable. By 500 miles my wife and I were looking at each other like "Oh my god, I think my butt is actually bruised." No test drive is long enough to discover that.
Appreciate 0