View Single Post
      06-21-2021, 08:58 AM   #13
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer pleaser V2 View Post
There used to be a bunch of them here in Texas intersections but they all have been removed. I am in minority (and I mean a very very small minority) when I say they need to be back. Here is Houston it is pretty normal for people to keep crossing the intersection 3-4 seconds after their light turned red. I think the rule of thumb is: if you are within 20 feet of the car in front of you and they cross you can cross too.

By the way I think it is more like a bill, not a ticket. So if you don't pay it'll go to bill collector as oppose to generating an arrest warrant. It is not a ticket unless a law enforcement officer hands it to you and you sign it.
Wholeheartedly agree they should come back. When the controversy was going on, some state legislator said something like "how'd you like to open your mailbox and find a ticket for running a red light?" Someone should have told him, how'd you like to answer your phone a find out someone ran a red light and killed someone close to you.