View Single Post
      02-08-2014, 02:50 PM   #10
joz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi

White foods get absorbed by your body fast and are usually higher on the glycemic index. Whole grains and "brown" carbs are harder for your system to digest so they keep your system working, keep you fuller longer, and spread the energy delivery over a longer time period.

Stomach fat is usually one of the hardest things to lose for men. It's one of the last places the body goes to, to get rid of "reserves".

As a precursor, I'm no expert or nutritionalist. If you want to be serious about this it may be worth seeing a professional to get a program put together based on your physical activity and goals

My take...Like others have said you probably just need a bit of a diet change. Try to keep it simple and you should see some results. It's easy to over complicate the dieting thing. One important thing is everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for another. apply some basic principles and adjust based on your body feedback.

Figure out what your resting calorie intake should be (plenty of online calculators out there). This is your calorie intake if you are sedentary. Everybody is different but I found if you maintain that even with moderate working out you should lose weight. Try it for a week or two and see how you feel. If you are feeling tired and weak you probably need more calories. The goal is to have a calorie intake that is 300-500 calories per day less than what you need to maintain your weight. A lb of fat is about 3500 calories. You don't want to lose more than 0.5-1lb per week or your body may start digging into muscle for energy (you usually lose some muscle anyways during a cut but you want to minimize it).

Make sure you get a good split on protein, carb, and fat. As always different splits work differently for everyone. If you do some searching online I'm sure you will find what is good for runners. For me a 30%protein 25% fat and 45% carb works good.
Appreciate 0