View Single Post
      01-12-2020, 08:57 PM   #3
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Thanks for the write-up...this definitely is helpful in giving those that may be hesitant...some courage to DIY. You didn't mention if you chose to register (or skipped registering) the new battery. It also looks like it needs to be coded, too...since you went from a 105 amp hour battery to a 94 amp hour battery. A change in battery specs requires coding as well as registration so that the IBS (intelligent battery sensor) communicates correctly with the new battery and its slightly different power & charging requirements.

Just a general FYI (in case anyone is curious)...to get a battery the same length (and usually the same 105 AH rating)...you usually will find those things in a H9/95R class size battery. I believe this Odyssey 49-950 is a H8/49 class size battery (which will work)...but really should be coded as well as registered since the specs are slightly different as well as being a new battery:
  • Coding is required when a new battery is installed and it has different specs
  • Registering is required when a new battery with same specs is installed
Thank you for this. i just received my iCarly dongle to do the coding. i know it is possible via ista but am not advanced enough in ista to figure that part out yet. I will take some screenshots of the registration process next too!

These cars are not terribly hard to work on and i hope other will be encouraged to DIY, for those who have DIY experience, or who are wanting to get involved