View Single Post
      03-06-2021, 04:31 PM   #9
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGROSSO View Post
What a build! Best of luck. Any prior videos with the fabworx DP’s and meistershaft system? I was thinking of the same set up.
I have the full meistershaft exhaust ,I love it,I get alot of compliment on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagmail View Post
What’s your bill looking like ?
2020 Honda civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchesj View Post
Crazy that the piston skirt broke like that. What tune/mods did you have on the motor before the bang? Which injector # was that? Any indications before?
Not the first time I seen the pistons break the cast pistons can't take a hard knock its either that or a bent connecting rod leading to bad crank bearing

DME stage 3 ,DP,exhaust,intakes ,its from a bad injector so this can happen to stock tune on a hard pull,I had the DME Tune for 2 years no problems, its the crappy injectors fault

Its was cylinder #8

The only indication I had was it started to smoke oil from the exhaust but very little got much worse over the next week or 2 and its not my daily ,I was doing some hard pulls too I can't believe it didn't explode ,the engine was running when it got to the shop
But yeah,no check engine light ,no drive train malfunction ,started right up ,no hesitation or rough idle just smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
That is hard to look at but sincerely appreciate your sharing the intel. Do you know if the injector was/is covered under the batch that resulted in the extended coverage from bmw? More importantly is there a way to watch for this in the future.
Im not sure about the bad injector batch, my car was tuned they wouldn't help me anyway,Be lucky if they help you when its stock, I wear the shirt that says,YES I VOID MY WARRANTY

There really is know way to watch for this, the only way to help is to have your injectors changed at 40K miles to play it safe,it might even be less than that I will find out
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals

Last edited by Whipple; 03-06-2021 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00