cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
My loss of reality included a visit to a North Vietnamese hootch where I was being held prisoner. Why I have no idea as I did not serve in the military. At another point I could hear the nurses plotting to get me if I got out of the bed. Ridiculous since I was too weak to get up anyway. And the nurses were always very nice to me. I know that NOW but at that time I thought they were going to kill me.

I was also convinced the nurses were selling pharmacy quality narcotics to guys in zoot suits driving harleys up to the window. The fact we were on the 4th floor had no bearing on my hallucinations.

All I know is if I ever have a loved one in hospital that is suffering from this I will be more understanding of it. It seems very real to the person living through it.
Wow, that's pretty screwed up. I can't imagine what it was like. At least my delusion calmed me because I thought I was in my happy place.