View Single Post
      11-16-2020, 04:33 PM   #15
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
You had me at "precision." Machinists hated me when I did actual engineering as an engineer. GDT in the thousandths of millimeters It may be time for me to dust off the SolidWorks and Siemens NX and come up with something for the, yes, 80 Series Land Cruiser.
Let me guess, you're a fellow engineer who also moved into management and hasnt gotten to do any real down and dirty CAD work for years? It's been so long for me that the last CAD package I used was AutoCAD back in like 1996! I sketched everything up for the box in a notebook which is how I roll these days. Wish I could use Solidworks. I have a couple employees who would have gladly done it for me in solidworks but that whole company resource thing, you know. Gotta set a good example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
The rarest of North American spec 80s actually (1 of 9 - may be the only one without OEM roof rack or side steps). '97 Collectors Edition in 6M1 Emerald Green Pearl over Oak. Triple locked from the factory, adjustable BP51 suspension, ARB things, winch, Scheel-Mann Seats, ALL the maintenance (dat spreadsheet doe), low miles (for these things at least)... I've been looking for years. But I don't want to turn this into a Toyota thread.

Or do I...
Man, you can sidetrack any of my threads with tasty 80 series talk! I LOVE those things. Man how I love them. We were very close to buying one but ultimately went with the FJ as it's a little smaller and my wife felt more comfortable driving it. That and we wanted absolute reliability and now that those things are like 20 to 25 yers old, we just couldn't bring ourselves to shell out that kind of coin on such an old vehicle when reliability was at the top of the list. Now that I try to shoehorn all our needs into the FJ (including sleeping in it) I wonder if we went a little too small!

I think maybe it's time to start and over-landing build thread?!
Appreciate 1