View Single Post
      08-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #13
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost View Post
I really could go hard into this topic but this isn't the place for it. I totally agree with you.

I once owned a 997 GT2, and I paid a reasonable premium over a standard 997 TT because I appreciated the differences mechanically/etc, and you couldn't duplicate the GT2 for the delta in price.

Now GT2s trade for 2.5-3x what a comparable 997TT sells for. Which is just very strange to me. It's a wonderful car, but to your point about 911s... a little inflated.
911 market is all messed up. it's literally impossible to predict what people value and don't value any giving year.

Porsche have shown that when there's demand for a certain spec, they will not let the secondary market take their lunch money. Porsche will just flood the market for as many as the demand will take, a la the 4.0L craze.

There is a craze right now buying up all the 3.8L NA cars. First it was air-cooled, and then it was 4.0L, then Metzger, now 3.8L. case in point, a 991.1 3.8L GTS is approaching the same price as a 991.2 3.0T GTS on the used market. Never mind that 991.2 it's a far superior car. And don't get me started on the 997.2 GTS. The pricing on it is starting to be insane. 3 years ago when I was in the market, you can probably pick one up in the mid-$60s. Today with more miles, it's still the same price if not more, but for what...? Meanwhile, the fantastic 991.1 Turbo keeps dropping in price.