09-16-2021, 06:58 AM   #21
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaud1998 View Post
Wish it was thst easy
It IS that easy...and you're already doing it. Your parents want you to follow the traditional immigrant path to success, which is a graduate level of education followed by a white collar job, preferably doctor or lawyer. I don't know whether this is explicitly stated in your family or not, but regardless of the amount of $$$ that you earn in your current salesman role, your parents will always view it as a blue collar hustle, one they won't be able to brag about to their immigrant friends whose children are curing cancer. I'm sure your sister is their pride and joy even if she will ultimately make 1/2 of what you do. That's what they value.

Attainment of $$$ is what you value most and there is nothing wrong with that. In just about every thread you meticulously break down your sales / salary for all to see. We're proud of your accomplishments at 23-24.

You've already made your choice and are going after what you value, not what your parents value. So again, it IS that easy and you're already doing it. I don't buy this whole, how do I tell my parents I don't want to do XYZ and escape their bonds. Same goes for moving out of the house before marriage...you just don't want to yet, when you do you will. Deep inside, I suspect it's because you just want to save your $$$, not because you wish to honor tradition or your parents.

Like others have said, the higher you want to go, the more important education becomes, even if its value is only on paper. If all the other GMs have MBAs, but you don't, you're probably not going to get the job, in car sales or elsewhere. Continuing education will make you more marketable and will open up other avenues for you. It needs to be said, education does not equal intelligence, but it opens doors.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00