10-17-2021, 11:25 AM   #31
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Hint for those who “know coffee” the darker the roast, the less caffeine content thus less strong, aside from flavor.

I loathe starsux fivebux with my entire soul. I’ve a moratorium on giving them one of my earned dollars.

We use a keurig at home for quick hits and I have been ordering this. It’s quite nice as I drink my coffee straight black.

https://store.kauaicoffee.com/kauai-...24-oz-p19.aspx
This! I learned this when I visited a couple of coffee plantations on the Big Island in Hawaii (which I know you're intimately familiar with). I have a feeling most people don't have any idea about this but yeah, lighter roast coffees contain more caffeine than the darker roasts. What may taste stronger is in fact weaker, ironically.

Now having said that I personally don't like the sweetly flavored coffees like you referenced here, haha. Those 10% blends don't cut it for me either, although I do fully understand 100% Hawaiian beans are hard to come by and if you do get some, it's $$.

My personal fave from Hawaii is the Ka'u variety. As you know, these beans are from the Ka'u region which is the slopes of Mauna Loa.
Appreciate 1