View Single Post
      06-01-2021, 05:20 PM   #5
zeyad.habeeb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
120k miles is a lot, but there is much we do not know. As for what it's worth, you don't even say what it is - convertible, coupe, gran coupe? What is the asking price? How many miles will you drive it a year? What has been done to it? A 650 is a big, heavy car. Unless most of the suspension parts have already been replaced, they are probably past due. Do you do any of your own work? If you have to pay someone else to do everything, the cost of ownership may be very high. If you are looking to get a 650 as cheaply as possible, is that because you cannot afford more? Getting a $100k car for $20k seems attractive, but it usually does not end well if a $2,000 repair would put you in a financial bind. Or the car may need nothing for the next 30k miles. If it has been serviced at the dealer like you say, ask for all those records. Have it inspected for oil leaks - especially the oil pan. That is not cheap to have fixed. I can give you a general sense of what a car with that many miles would be worth to me. A 2013 Gran Coupe with 50k miles has an asking price now of mid-20s to low 30s. Hardly any for sale have anywhere near those miles. If I wanted one and was not going to put huge miles on it, it would have to be a pretty special car for me to give $20k for it. And I do all my own work. I think most people here will tell you to stay away from those miles.
Thanks for your input.

It's coupe and I do some of the work that I can do but I have no Idea about this big engine. Need to do some research about it.

I'm going to see the car on Friday.

I think he will sell it for around $11k but I'm not sure yet. The price is what made me thinking about it. I have a picture of the car and it looks like 30k miles on it and it's fully loaded with Led headlights, fog lights and, B & O sound system.

I'm going to pull the carfax to see what maintenance they have done to the car and will update you. Thanks much!

It will be great If I can call you since you have experience with the vehicle.
Appreciate 0