View Single Post
      03-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #8
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Sort of OT but will ask it here. I have a Panasonic Plasma, last one they made, image is amazing.

I have an LED in basement, high end Hisense model, brother in law has two samsung LED. All 3 LED images look insanely fake, I have looked up the issue and it seems to me to be "soap opera effect" where the objects in the foreground do not look attached to the images in the background. For example, Star Wars blue ray, on the plasma it looks good for 1977 but on the LED sets, there is this unnatural look to foreground items like saw a starship, it seems detached from the rest of the image.

I am not really explaining it right but I cannot get past it, it really ruins the experience for me.

On my set, I have turned off EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING related to Soap opera Effect as per instructions on the web. But I am not sold this is the issue as it perists despite me turning off all related settings.

Firstly, are y'all aware of what I am referring to? Why is the plasma so natural and the LEDs are all so......fake?
I felt this way on older LEDs. Haven't noticed it on anything relatively newer