View Single Post
      08-05-2021, 04:41 PM   #31
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Posting a quick update on things as a few things have been done since my last post -

Car was lowered on KW H.A.S. suspension. Originally installed the kit last fall but had some issues with the adjustable collars in the front that prevented me from getting the stance dialed in as I would like. Now, with that resolved, I'm happy with the overall stance of the car. Once the front was lowered, I noticed that the front suspension cambered in more as expected so I went to 12mm spacers up front, same as the rear. Zero rubbing issues at all

Then, thanks to Flo1989 I bought a pair of carbon fiber paddles from F8x Freaks. Really impressed with the fit and finish for the price.

Was really happy with the installed look -- definitely ties in well with the rest of the carbon in the car and they have a nice ridge along the back of the paddles for grip

And lastly, while the wheel was de-trimmed for the paddle install I took the time to take care of the notorious steering trim buzz. I used 3M Quick Fix and applied with a felt-ended pick to all of the circled areas. So far, it's been a big help -- it isn't completely remedied, but 90% of the buzz is gone I'd say. Perhaps at some point I'll go back in and re-seal up every gap I can find, but for now I'm happy with the improvement

Flo1989342.00