View Single Post
      03-18-2019, 02:27 PM   #9
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

While I have a 2014 and don't have this feature, I've used it on loaner cars before from the dealership. I find it only mildly useful for the map scrolling/zoom feature, that's it. It comes down to what activities (other than driving) you're actually doing in the car. For all these purposes, this is the main reason I decided not to upgrade to IDv5 or IDv6. I only "use" the idrive 2 times daily:

1. read text messages (I don't send it). Even this function is a shortcut on my dash button.

2. check traffic visuals (I don't even zoom) For my area and my viewing preference having a "1mi" zoom is perfect.

Things I don't do because I have it preset or there's an alternative method:

1. I don't tinker with the audio at all, I don't even switch stations, I only listen to 2 stations and have it programmed on my console buttons.

2. enter addresses for navigation. I use my connecteddrive app (totally worth the $10/month) and shoot the address directly into idrive. Plus, I don't really travel with my car, it's mostly for daily work commute.

3. call people. I usually use voice commands and wheel buttons to call people, which is rare to begin with.