View Single Post
      06-27-2019, 08:15 AM   #22
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Being older and on the other side, I appreciate that my man opens the car door for me. He's a gentleman, and that's what they do. He won't let me carry packages unless his hands are full, and even then it's a battle because he would gladly make an extra trip. If we are walking outside, he will always make sure he is on the side closest to the street. It's little things that get lost today. It's respect.

I don't understand the younger females. How is it offensive if a man is being a gentleman?
Nor do any of us guys. It seems to me to be a matter of convenience. When it's convenient to complain about being able to open one's door by herself as a strong, empowered, woman then that's the route they take. But God forbid anything heavy needs to be moved or anything needs to be assembled and it's 100% expected that a guy will just take care of it. No thought given to helping what so ever. I see this nearly every day at work with the 30 and under crowd. Saw it just yesterday when we had 30 or 40 boxes (each about 5 pounds) that needed to be lifted onto a pallet in time for UPS to come pick it up. An e-mail for help went out to the whole company of roughly 30 men and 30 women. 6 or 8 guys showed up to help and not a single woman. It's like that every single time.

I've told this story before I think but one of the most vocal females on my team had a motorized standing desk ordered for her. It showed up in a big heavy box at the front desk. Instead of assuming she couldn't handle it I simply told her it had arrived and where to find the toolbox for assembly. Within 5 minutes she had a couple of my engineers suckered into carrying it over, unboxing, and assembling for her whole she sat in the lounge working on her laptop.

I interviewed a woman earlier this week who was in her late 40s early 50s, judging by her resume and the years in which she was in college. We got to chatting about hobbies outside of work at the end of the interview. Turns out she's been riding dirt bikes for years and was excited about having just put a new clutch in her KTM. She also remodeled her kitchen, doing the majority of the work herself. Total bad ass. Much respect for her!
Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15762.50
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50
antgenn319.00