lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
I was trying to downplay the literal and figurative shit that was thrown as a result of this specific case. I didn't defend the MPD officer's conduct during review and subsequent investigation and criticized the union's attempts in doing so. On the trooper's performance, outside of some minor procedural missteps that are not worth mentioning, the only part that bothered me then (and still does) is shown in the video I linked from 7:40 - 7:45. It's hard to put in words; those 5 seconds just don't sit right with me for some reason.
Is it because she had her gun pointed at him?

I would have done the same until the threat level was fully understood. Hate to second guess the trooper but seems to me she let her guard down too soon. Assume the worst and pray for the best.
I don't want this to come off as armchair quarterbacking or second guessing her actions.

Drawing her service weapon was appropriate use of force. I also agree with the impression she let her guard down prematurely; The way she did it though is, well, odd. If you watch those 5 seconds slowly, focusing on her firearm control and position, you'll see what I mean. I hate to think what the outcome could had been if it was the marked MPD unit stolen by a suspect after escaping from the Psych Hold Unit instead of just an asshole power trippy off duty officer.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615336.00