View Single Post
      02-02-2018, 10:03 PM   #1
caldoone
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G15 M850i xDrive Coupe

Great F Series OBDII Flash Tune

Hi everyone. I wanted to leave a quick experience update from the wizards over at Auto Performance Modifications (APM) on my 2017 F13 640i xDrive Coupe with the N55 engine. This is some exciting news regarding my installation of a Stage-One (S1), OBDII Flash Tune which bypasses the removal of the ECU and is directly handled via the OBD port and the laptop.

I had originally installed the plug-n-play Burger Motorsports (BMS) N55 Stage-One hoping to see some incremental increase in performance for horsepower and torque but was somewhat disappointed with the Burger S1 and so reached out to the guys at APM to talk about what we might be able to see with a remap or flash. They came back to me with some great news where we could increase all aspects of performance I was hoping for and do it without the removal of the ECU saving significant time and money. After hearing this I said let’s go for it.

We first ran some initial passes on their Mustang Dynamometer for some baselines. We did the car with the original factory settings, then passes with the BMS S1 and then the final passes with the APM S1 for a great comparative.

Here’s a quick breakdown of what we found as well as a couple of screen grabs of the results. All of these numbers are at the wheel and using only the “SPORT+” setting and using pump gas 93 octane:

Stock: Max Power = 251, Max Torque = 289
BMS S1: Max Power = 255, Max Torque = 302
APM S1: Max Power = 273, Max Torque = 339
Attached Images

Appreciate 0