View Single Post
      09-08-2021, 12:03 PM   #9
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
every year i see neighbors struggling with the inevitable 18+ inches of snow on their driveway with their electric snow blowers while i cruise through anything and everything with my gas 2 stage snow blower. I can make it through a normal snow season (20ish snows ranging from 4-24+") with just my 2 gallon gas can

For that reason, i will not go electric unless they get some much more powerful ones out for cheaper. Heavy, wet snow over 1ft is an issue for most snow blowers, especially if they arent powerful enough. For comparison, one that compares to the 2 stage 24in gas i bought a couple years back for $650 is 1k + in electric.

so unless you dont get a lot of snow, id pass.

all my other lawn equipment (leaf blower, weed wacker, lawn mower, trimmer, etc) are all electric.
Same, and I live in Colorado as well. All my lawn products are from EGO and I swear by them. But for snow removal I have a gas powered, 2 stage snowblower. To be honest, for most snows an electric would probably be fine, but there is always a big, wet Spring storm where it would not be as effective.

One last thing for the OP to consider - I'm not 100% certain, but I could swear that the electric models have a disposable rubber paddle that scoops the snow - so this now becomes a consumable. Might want to research that for the particular model you are considering.
Appreciate 0