07-31-2020, 10:27 AM   #2420
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
When I started going to the gym I weighed 211, at my heaviest I was around 240. I'm 5' 7" and before I gained all the weight, let's cut the BS, I was F'n fat; I had always been a little guy. I had never worked out before so I was high body fat and little to no muscle. I've been in the gym for almost 2 years now and the first 8 months don't count in my opinion as I had no clue what I was doing. Barely any weight resistance and just a shit ton of cardio. I thought I was doing great as I lost weight like crazy, but realized I made myself skinny fat. After realizing what I was doing wrong and changing the pattern, 3 weeks later had a surgery and was out of the gym for 3 weeks. Got back in the gym and 2 weeks later had to have an emergency surgery and missed another 4 weeks. Got back in the gym again in January, then the gym closed for 3 months due to COVID. I've not been able to have a good solid 6 months of training since I started and now that I know what I'm doing. To answer your question I'm at 136.7 as of this morning. Kinda embarrassing to be this little, but due to my size I don't look disproportionate or anything; I'm just not fat anymore. The goal is the to be around 150-155 sitting at 10-12% bf. I've got a long road ahead of me, I know, but as long as I'm not still jiggly while adding mass, I'm ok with it. I know that I'll gain some fat on the next bulk, but I should be able to keep it at a minimum now that I have a better understanding of how to add the mass. I'm just excited to see what I look like this time next year......as long as the gym remains open.
Holy shit, so you lost 100lbs. That is crazy man, good for you. 155lbs is a good goal for the time being, and you can always increase that as you progress. I have a buddy who is the same height, he weighs roughly 170 and has a mean build. So anything is possible. Also at that height your range of motion is more suited to bodybuildingesk movements. Hence once you start pushing some weight in the gym, you'll want to keep on climbing in those numbers.

I know you said you have another 2-4weeks left in your cut, but do you really think you need to cut anymore? Honest question as I don't know what you look like, but if I was in your shoes I'd start more of a lean bulk like you had mentioned. Up the weights, up the protein intake, reduce the cardio slightly. All up to you, just my two cents from an outsider looking in!
Appreciate 0