05-24-2022, 10:50 PM   #12
dsocold
Captain
American Samoa
Rep
Drives: f06 640i GC. E82 N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvsportsguy View Post
Here are the common symptoms and solutions for LED headlight faults. I read through hundreds of forum posts so you don't have to:

Symptom: low/high beam out. But would turn on if left to "on" instead of "auto" on the headlight switch
Cause: fault with the headlight turning mechanism, most likely the TMS module (the vertical looking module with 2 screws). Can also be coded out (disable adaptive function) as a cheapo fix

Symptom: low/high beam out, does not turn on at all.
Cause: most likely the LED main module, located at the bottom of the headlight held with 3 screws.

Symptom: low/high beam out, but would turn on briefly for a second but then goes out again at startup
Cause: fault within the headlight assembly, most likely the LED bulb itself or the vertical aim mechanism. Need to replace the whole headlight assembly sans modules

Symptom: corning light out
Cause: corning light module, it has its own assembly and can be easily swapped out

Symptom: halo/DRL light out
Cause: most likely TMS module

Symptom: a whole bunch of faults, just about everything headlight related
Cause: footwell module might be faulty

For everything above, definitely double check all the connectors for corrosion, and swap your modules from left to right to confirm the culprit before plucking down cash for replacement. Also beware when you cheap out and buy used parts on ebay, the replacement may have the same issue as your old one and you'll be scratching your head like me. Used modules also requires coding with ISTA, so you need to know what you're doing. Hope this helps.
i wonder if bmw updates these designs and fixes these issues.

I have had both of my pre lci headlights replaced under warranty like 3800 each and the design was definitely different i couldnt even adjust the headlights anymore i couldnt locate the adjusters they were no longer in the same location or any location for that matter that i could see.
Appreciate 0