12-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #13
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt White Coupe View Post
Consider me a skeptic that lubrication can fix a mechanical problem.
Sometimes the darndest things happen inexplicably. Here's a quote from an f06 owner (Carfanatic) over on Bimfest's f06 forum that says lubricating the bushing below his driver's seat fixed the issue for him. The post is from the end of Nov/2018...perhaps contact him to see if the issue returned or is still working.

Here's a direct link to the entire thread: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1298627

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFanatic View Post
Heres the fix for anyone with a F06 dealing with this issue on the Front seat Driver or Passenger side :

When you look at the bushing under the front seats (This is done by moving the seat to the far back as possible and then raising the seat high to the max) then tilt your head down and look straight up towards the front edge of the seat)

if you pay close attention the bushing is of s Plastic nature , so lithium contains properties that breakdown plastic over time.

Therefore i went with a Teflon based grease, it performs well in low or high temperatures , is generally used in load bearing situations.

Place a micro-fiber to cover electronics and carpet, then spray liberally "use the straw provided with the canister" make sure you get the inside of the bushing and outside edges.

Let the car sit for a while so the grease really soaks in , then try it out.

Tested my 6 GC 15' right now and no movement no squeaks . I use to get movement by making even the slightest turn , really uncomfortable .

I just wanted to thank everyone on the F12 forums for info and help. @640jims and Allan Thompson

Feel free to reach out if any of you need some help with this issue. Hopefully we get more members on the F06 forums so its more active.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0