View Single Post
      07-30-2021, 02:41 PM   #10
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Having owned a particularly trouble free 2012 650i vert I have nothing bad to say about it but your mileage may vary. I agree withe the comments about going for a slightly newer model. You’ll want the TU version of the N63 engine. It would also pay to check the mechanical components of the roof while it’s halfway up/down for any visible signs of rust. As for infotainment, depending on the model you get you can spend a fortune upgrading to NBT Evo or just buy an interface box for Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. Personally I stopped seeing the appeal of using iDrive a long time ago when the aforementioned phone driven interface layers offer a much better user experience.

With such an old example of the F12 you are going to start seeing significant maintenance from wear and tear. Coolant lines, radiator, alternator, turbos, gaskets and seals etc. The V8 is also rough on the front suspension so it would pay to have the car thoroughly checked for play in the ball joints.

All in all though the F12 is a very well built car (much better than the F15 X5 we owned at the same). Get one that’s been looked after well and it’s likely to give you many years if happy motoring.
Appreciate 0