07-28-2021, 09:35 AM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
What does ceramic controls have to do with the year? They have been around since inception, although the iDrive controller got larger in 2015.
When I read his thread...I interpreted the comment about the ceramic controls as in addition to...not that this option wasn't available until later. But I do agree that the ceramic controls do bring a more elegant look to the interior...as well as the leather dash & Nappa or Merino leather interior w/contrast stictching.

In regards to the iDrive screen...the 11/12/13 model years have the CIC up to the 3/2013 or 4/2013 build date (memory is slipping away ). That's when the NBT started showing up which has a higher screen resolution.

And if you are really into phone connectivity etc...you will want to pay attention to the smartphone/bluetooth options. Unfortunately, unless you are looking at a mid to late build 2016 or a 2017/18...you will be losing some BMW connectivity. The pre facelifts which had 2G connectivity has already lost some of the services that were provided like RTTI and remote connectivity and BMW apps etc. And the facelift models which have 3G connectivity...they will reach their sunset at the beginning of next year. If you have the NBT/EVO ID5 or ID6...you may be able to get an upgrade through BMW to 4G...but you'd have to run your VIN to see if it falls within the production range of being upgraded.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 07-28-2021 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0