12-01-2021, 06:46 PM   #58
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Yes, I was responding to the previous post that mentioned average car price, it's $45k.

And even the highest state still doesn't get a $34k Elantra N to $40k out the door. I don't know where you're getting that. There are literally zero options available. It's $34k with a manual and $35k with a DSG. So $38k maximum if you live in Nevada.

I don't think it's a new thing for an Elantra to be in the low to mid $30k range. It is a new thing for it to have 276hp, a limited slip and adjustable shocks. Is there a competitor that has either of those last two? The GLI comes close, but it's down 50hp.

You can still get a $20k Elantra, but this obviously not that car. In the same way that an M3 is not a 330i.
Are you intimately familiar with this cars predecessor, at all? It was the Elantra sport. It sported a slightly over 200 hp turbo 4, sport suspension, wheels, exterior body, steering wheel, seats….. even a dct if so optioned. It could be had in 2018 for 19. 19. So, by your account, an 82.24% increase in three short years for a Hp bump is worth it. You hiring?
Appreciate 0