Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
It's over $45k, before ttl. Talking about car prices with ttl is silly, as we all have different rates and in most states, if you're trading in you only pay tax on the delta anyway.

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/n...s-45000/%3Famp

Not to mention you'd be paying nearly 20% tax to get one of these over $40k.
Do you have different pricing than in the OP? Silly to talk ttl? How so given it comes out of the pocket all the same and increases the amount paid or financed?

Also, your link is broken.
Five states have no sales tax. Many are around 3-4% and then there are a bunch around 6-8%. Different states tax leases based on payments or sale price, creating a huge variance. Add in the value of a trade in and it gets even murkier. It's so much easier to just discuss the price paid for the car and ignore tt&l. People also pay stupid closing costs at dealers, or a markup, a price for stupid sealants and seat treatments, tire insurance, etc. It's just so much easier to say the window sticker was $33k and I got it for $31.5k. My city has additional tax that people three miles south of me don't pay. But either way, none of them will get a $34k car to $40k.

And google the 2021 average new car price, it's $45,0xx. I saw Forbes, CNET and Edmunds all listed the same number.
Appreciate 1