05-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #33
Holland Harry
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe, Z1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Highly unlikely this car has even 1/2 the dynamics the panamera has. Panamera is a large sports car. Comes with a naturally aspirated engine option and a double clutch transmission . The badge and looks command way more road presence.

I till think the 5 series is a more sensible bet. This money buys a Porsche. Nuff said.

This car competes with the cls and s7. Its more luxury, with a small token dose of sport. It looks nice though with the best interior I have seen at this price point.
The 6 Gran Coupe is a mix between a 6 coupe and a 7 series limousine! So it has nothing to do with a 5 series! It's a 4 doors 6 series for those who can affort a 7 but who are missing that sporty BMW driving experience and want a more exclusive BMW. It directly competes with the Panamera.

I had to choose between a 640d Gran Coupe or a Panamera diesel because I drive 70.000km a year. THe 6 has 313 HP and the Panamera has a Volkswagen diesel with 250 HP. Not to mention the difference in NM!

The only advantage the Panamera has is a bit more feedback on the steering for the rest it can't compete with the 640d Gan Coupe. The Porsche Panamera is also only frontwheel drive so there not much traction either. But who needs traction with a 250 HP diesel.
Appreciate 0