View Single Post
      06-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #9
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 Bulldog View Post
Maybe things have changes but over the years of having big turbo trucks, K&N was a no-no. There is enough evidence out there that they allow enough particulate through to chew up the blades on a turbo. A quick google search will show it. This is just what I know from years of turbo engines on diesel trucks. Now that forced induction is A LOT more common on cars now, maybe the product has gotten better. I just like to air on the side of caution after rebuilding 2 turbos.
On A big turbo truck what intake would you use other than a K&N style filter for the best air flow?
Anyway I really think it depends on how your using it , I live in a city area we’re there is barely any dust compared to a dirt road area or a place say Dubai were there is dust storms everywhere
Plus I used K&N on all my cars and never seen any dust get past the filter, K&N has a so called million mile warranty if you can prove the filter caused your damage they will replace your engine .

Can you attach a link of evidence we’re a properly installed K&N filter let enough dirt though to cause catastrophic failure to engine parts ?

My concern was the Blitz filter , it’s a metal mesh no paper no oil style filter I believe that one can let dust through
Appreciate 0