04-18-2021, 12:22 AM   #15
Infiniteflow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM6GC View Post
Following this thread with interest as this will be my next focus of upgrades.

I've mentioned a few times that the 205series C63AMGs have the engine and exhaust sound combined with (relative) refinement that I would love to come close to in my F06. That is also luxury car (albeit a class lower than the 6 series) with a turbocharged V8. IMO the M6 would then be the perfect package of styling, dynamics, practicality and exotic sound, at which point I'd be struggling to find a replacement vehicle under 6 figures. To achieve this, my plan is:

Tune - I have a Dinan S1 ready to install. I understand why people are critical of this especially at the price point given whats out there today. However I picked mine up for $500 so the price issue is moot. I'm also not looking for crazy power gains, the car is a missile stock, but what appeals to me is the OEM+ nature of the tune and super smooth driveability. The increase in HP and Torque from 2500-4000RPM is plenty for me and Dinan will keep the S63 happy.

Exhaust - I will research this in depth. My first choice is Akra/MPE which is likely what I'll go for, but open to others. The comp exhaust sounds nice and has some decent cracks/pops, but definitely lacks the in-cabin sound.

DPs - as a last point if I'm still looking for more sound, will research on here for the best performance/high flow DPs. Would prefer to avoid catless as don't want to deal with CEL/smell or other issues.

I know there are quite a few owners here around the DC area so may reach out to those with tuned cars to have a listen before I start throwing crazy $$$ at parts. Interested to hear all opinions though!
Many people said that the exhaust system alone will not actually achieve the type of sound we are all looking for but DP will overall have a greater effect on the sound over any other mods for this car.

My guy at the muffler shop told me that he has installed many M5/M6s exhaust systems that cost 5k~8k+ but none of them sounded that great or he didn't feel that the money was worth it.
Appreciate 1
MMMM6GC275.00