View Single Post
      09-08-2021, 07:55 AM   #11
BlueDolphin
Rep
Drives: Bmw 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Just to get a clear understanding of the gear shift lever S & M modes (these are mappings for the transmission & engine only)…versus the DDC (driving dynamic control) switch for EcoPro/Comfort+/Comfort/Sport/Sport+ (these include chassis & suspension mappings)…it is briefly explained in the owners manual. If you don’t have a physical manual…there’s a manual built into iDrive. If you can’t find it using the control knob…just press the TALK button on the steering wheel’s right button pod and say “OWNERS MANUAL”. It will open the owners manual and you can search that way for the info.
I appreciate the info. I had a feeling you would respond, you gave me assistance before.

In case anyone is interested... My update is, of course, I need a new engine. the very nicely built N63TU I have has metal shavings in the oil. My warranty company claim that they cover "all internally lubricated parts". That sounds like all of everything the oil touches to me. I love to ask questions as if I don't know anything, so I asked what are the steps usually taken with this type of damage, to the service people at the dealership. "Normally a teardown if the warranty company ask, in case the parts inside that caused it isn't covered." Makes sense. But based on what is covered, "all lubricated parts", hopefully I can just get this out of my hair without doing that. We'll see who says what. I had that car for 6 months. Put about 8k-9k miles on it hahahaha! This car reminds me of most people, looks good on the outside but has major flaws on the inside.
Appreciate 0