View Single Post
      09-04-2021, 11:50 PM   #1
BlueDolphin
Rep
Drives: Bmw 650i

N63t Engine knocking.

Hello all

Just as the title says. My 2013 650i is experiencing some engine knocking. Story is that I was having bit of fun and basically forgot that I left it in manual mode when doing a nice launch and not the sport shifting mode the car does by it self. I never been sure if that s on the gear shift meant sport or not, but that's what Im referring too.

So I take off, notice it doesn't shift and the car jerks back after revving up to or into the red line. The car immediately goes into neutral and shuts off. It then only complains about the gear shift being in neutral and cannot enter park. I pullover, turn it back on and it slightly hesitates to come on. I drive off and it does the parking thing again. I wait for a little then it drives regular and stays in drive. This is when I hear the very low knocking. I am hurt at that point. The car hasn't lost any noticable power when I press the gas, but the two times I drove after this, I keep it in eco mode so it doesn't rev above 2000rpm much.

I wanted to hear someone's else input on this who drives something similar and I also have a few questions... What does the failsafe on this car do when/if it's revved too high? My oil wasn't anywhere near min but it was not at max either... Could that have been the cause? I am aware of the current oil burning class action lawsuit with this engine and have been putting oil in it when it cries about it. I do have a warranty also, I would just like to know if anyone else been in this situation with the N63t and is there some way I can not remember that I didn't shift gears and let a dealership think it's just the faulty engine. I also have no check engine light or no codes I can see on my computer I use for cars.

Sorry, I know this post is long but I like to be as detailed as possible on forums, so there's little to no confusion. Any helpful input will be appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0