View Single Post
      03-29-2016, 11:02 AM   #11
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1858 View Post
So what do you suggest is the best spray wax to put on the PPF? My entire car is covered with XPEL Ultimate, but you don't get the glossy shine without a good coat of wax.

I used Pinnacle XMT 360 spray wax until it was discontinued. Now I use McKee's 37 Fast Wax. Both are safe to use on PPF.
You can use most products as long as they don't contain Petroleum Distillates, Naphtha or Kerosine. As these products will damage the clear bra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14M5 View Post
I visited a Local XPEL Center in Austin and they told me that their will be minor trimming needed on the car even with Precut kits.
Our precision designed pre-cut kits are tested over and over again to ensure a proper fit. Having a kit versus a custom hand cut job can save the installers a ton of time, and a ton of grief. Using a pre-cut kit drastically reduces the amount of trimming required. That said, paint protection film is an extremely difficult material to install. If the installer doesn't install it precisely as designed there may be slight minor trimming that needs to happen to ensure edges aren’t overlapping, and so that everything lines up correctly. But rest assured knowing that our installers at XPEL Austin are extremely precise when any sort of trimming occurs.
Appreciate 0