View Single Post
      06-09-2021, 07:42 AM   #222
dc503
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Completely understand, I know my body fairly well. I will definitely ensure that I get a full rest day in while moving forward, I'm not new to training in any sense, just new to establishing a goal pertaining to running. I always trained for speed and power throughout my athletic career, and I am now close to the lightest I have ever been, hence why I am establishing a different goal just to mix things up. Follwing Dlpfcb workout right now and so far it has been solid (only two days in haha). One thing I noticed that I was doing wrong just based on the outline he provided is that I was only training for the distance pertaining to my goal. Meaning just trying to hit that 5k mark as fast as I could, and when I say I was training, it was more so in a casual sense. The goal wasn't firm at that time - where as now I am pretty motivated. I failed to train cardio further then the 5k distance I was shooting for, most likely why I didn't see too much progression. Feeling good so far and the honeymoon weight is falling off so I can't complain one bit! Today was a nice easy 4mile run (as well as my usual 35-40min lift)!
I hear ya, I was definitely a 'fast twitch' athlete for the majority of my life and this kind of training was such uncharted territory for me too. Sounds like you got a great start going!
Appreciate 1
JP102463.00