05-31-2021, 08:30 AM   #29
NGROSSO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6 -- 2016 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Congrats bro! Car is gonna be sick with that color combo,Red guts with the blue exterior red calipers and red engine components ,Superman colors all the way, Perfect choice for the exhaust too !!! When they do the tune have them remove the cold start, you dont need it anymore with catless downpipes ,unless you want to wake the dead every time you start it cold, my near by neighbors about 2 block radius wanted to kill me

He might have to pull back on the torque to 650wtq ,stock clutches will slip at 700tq
Have him service the trans fluid, rear diff fluid ,and brake fluid while its there
He will probably do it anyway as your doing a full rebuild just let him know.

So whats the plan? I guess now that the engine is out it will go to the body shop side?
Thanks i'm excited. The exhaust was one of the first things I wanted to do. I like the meisterschaft sound more than any other. Sounded awesome on your car, the forged motor had it sounding even better. I probably will have to deactivate the cold start but I need to hear it at least once It was sounding like he could do it remotely.

Good thinking with the clutch. Tbh I hadn't thought much about it with everything else going on. You think 700whp and 650tq could be achieved "safely"? More important to me that the car won't hesitate rather than squeezing out power. If that were to mean 600hp and 600tq so be it, whatever it takes.

The plan... Engine rebuild then body work. He's going to do mechanicals first because he didn't want to be working around the engine after fresh body work and ceramic. He was hoping for 3 weeks. I laughed and thought he was joking. Don't see these work speeds around me lol.
Appreciate 0