View Single Post
      02-21-2021, 09:53 AM   #1358
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I do not carry the Shield on duty. I carry a full size M&P 2.0.

The Shield, for me (...and everybody else I know who has one), has run flawlessly......especially the 2.0. I had a Gen 1 and it ran well too. Sig, known for their quality, even has issues at times (..e.g. trigger sear and striker issues on the P365). There will be QC issues occasionally, but overall S&W and Sig make fantastic guns. The main reason I moved to the Sig was for capacity. I can carry double the Shield capacity in the same tiny package. I'm sorry you have issues with yours.

My department - probably like most departments - tests guns by putting them through extremes, shootings thousands of rounds and NEVER cleaning them. Basically we subject them to the kind of conditions that they would likely never see as a duty weapon. The S&W, Sig, Glock and Staccato guns functioned extremely well.......dirty as fuck and beat to shit.

I'll pass on the FNX and 45 as a duty round. FN is decent, but there's a reason why almost nobody uses them for duty use. I actually don't know one department that uses FN; maybe some really small, relatively unknown agency.
Too much wine last night. I read your original reply wrong.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25106.00