View Single Post
      04-15-2021, 01:39 PM   #40
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
I'm not going to lie. I am reaping a great deal of benefits driving my Chevy Volt. My commute is 100 miles round trip daily. I'm able to charge my car on a Level 2 charger at home and Level 1 at work. The electric range on the Volt is very short at 50 miles. When the weather is 60F or above, this is no issue (even with the air conditioner running) But when it's cold, I easily lose 15 miles of range just trying to heat up the cabin to a comfortable level.

Having over 400 miles range battery/electric with absolutely no range anxiety and the ability to have it both ways is wonderful.

Driving 2000 miles a month, my electric cost was $38 + $16.80 for 6 gallons of fuel during the cold hours of the day = $54.80

That's 2.7 cents per mile. I can see it going down to 2 cents per mile during spring and summer months.

I'm neither trying to be green nor fashionable. As a consumer I'm just in it for low cost and convenience.
See, I keep saying this is the solution but EV nuts won't even discuss it.

I can a future where market share is evenly split between pure EV, Hybrid and ICE. I feel EV's will dominate the "second car in household" market but for a main car, people will want aback up of at least a hybrid until EV's can be charged in under 5 minutes.
Appreciate 1
GenXer1365.00