Scott
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Garage List
2013 BMW 640i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
Hit something in the road last night that immediately flattened my left front tire. Called a tow truck to come take it back to my tire guy to get a replacement.

My car is lowered on KW HAS and I never imagined the difficulty in towing it. When the tow truck driver first started rolling it up and the front went down, he looked it over closely and said "I'm not going to be able to tow this car." There were no other tow trucks in my area and if he couldn't do it, it would sit on the side of the road for a day or two.

I talked him into trying and with my help (honestly don't think he could have done it by himself) we got it up on the truck. Either the front was too low or the back was too low. The physics and geometry involved in raising the truck bed, lowering the truck bed, pulling it up, using the skid ramps, it was quite a task. I followed him in my wife's car to help him unload it. It took every ramp the tow company owned and a couple of 2x6's.

He said he hasn't been that scared of loading a car in years. It took a lot of time, but we got it loaded and unloaded without doing any damage. That was as complex as anything I've participated with in a long time.
That's one reason I won't lower my car. Hope you tipped that driver well.