05-22-2020, 11:53 AM   #4
q94f10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: retired: 2015 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
Why would you use 5W50? Are you tracking the bimmer? As long as the engine is not burning the oil (blue smoke) just using it everything is ok an you should stick to 5W30 or 5W40.
Troy Jeup recommends everyone with the s63tu to use this oil as he says the 5w-40 is too thin due to the high temperature these engines run at. I see a lot of people tagging him using 5w-50, but rarely see anyone in the forums mention they are using it, Which I found skeptical. I do push my car often (not on track) and was thinking of going with thicker oil to combat the oil consumption issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Turbo engines do use oil but the cheapest fix I would recommend is to swap out your PCV valves with new ones my friend was going though the same thing his shop changed them and the oil problem solved, there is a check valve inside if it goes bad oil can pass ,check your intake tube for excessive oil inside too

Stick with 5w40 LiquiMoly Molygen its recommended for our engines.Change your oil every 3K it sounds excessive but its really not
I did read about the issues with the PCV valves, but I thought the fix for that was installing the BMS oil catch can?
I did change my intakes to the BMS ones last week and did notice oil in the intake tube, but it was very minimal. Do you have a link for the PCV valve replacement? I was unable to find it on fcp euro.
Appreciate 0