09-13-2020, 06:54 PM   #80
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexb0730 View Post
From what I have read, The feature is for when your parallel parking at night and need to see how close you are to a curb...

I have also seen them turned on at night while driving. Guess they coded it so that they turn on when your lights turn on. Still searching the how to.
Ah...there it is...parallel parking would be a good reason to have them illuminate.

In regards to coding the door handles on when in reverse...if you have an app like Bimmercode...depending on your build date and the control modules you have...it would probably fall under the module that controls exterior lighting which would be either the FRM (footwell module), FEM (front electronic module), or the BDC (body domain controller). If your BMW has the REM (rear electronic module)...then it could possibly be under the control of that module since the door handles would illuminate when the back-up lights illuminate (rear tail lights)...so the REM may be where you need to look if you have an REM module.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0