United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer84 View Post
Awesome man. Glad to see a 100k mile M trouble
free.
Thanks! Me too

I know there are various posts and threads around these forums that downplay the reliability of this platform, and while I very could well be just an anomaly, I hope that my experience instills some confidence in others that may be worried about putting miles on.

I’ve owned this car under a few guiding principles with longevity in mind, and I haven’t found them too difficult or expensive to abide by.
  • Fluid changes at 2:1 intervals to factory recommended intervals
  • Always warm up and cool down the drivetrain accordingly
  • Leave it tune-free

I realize the last one might be contentious, and I don’t mean it to be some sort of prescription for success for everyone, it’s just my personal preference knowing that I prioritize long term longevity and dependability with this car. Tuning and performance add-ons are fun and I know a lot of people have done them and never looked back, but I decided a long time ago that 600hp should be plenty for a daily driver. If I really want to go faster and scratch that itch, I’d select a different platform than a tech-packed 4,400lb sedan. I just prefer to let this car do what it does best — cruise in total comfort and put a smile on my face when the mood strikes me.

Hopefully in the next 2-3 years I will be in a position to add a 2020+ R8 Performance or a Huracan, but I plan on always having a space in the garage for the M6

Cheers to everyone on this forum that’s contributed to my knowledge base on these cars over the years ultimately influencing this ongoing success story, appreciate you all