View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #39
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
I see your point but I dont think an M6 resembles an F10 in the least. In fact the interior was ahead of its time and still looks very current. The F10 cabin was outdated.

All in all I just think its a specialized car that only enthusiasts really follow. I live in New England and rarely see a 6 series, never-mind an M. That to me alone is worth it - the design in my opinion will stand the test of time, just a rare looking monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF10M5 View Post
I gotta say though the M6 is a far more modern and sophisticated looking car compared to the F10 m5.

The M6 will continue to look modern and sleek IMO the f10 is nothing special at all esp the f10 m5.

I got a alpine white M5. Literally looks like every other white f10. In the nyc area you can spot like 10 white f10s at any given time. Not to mention an m sport f10 shares the same rear as the M5.

Now 6 series.....I barely see any let alone any m6. Even when I see a nice 640 it catches my eye due to the shape and look.
We all arrived at the same conclusion regarding the F06 design. It's unique, it'll stand the test of time. And 15 years from now, BaT or a blog will discuss how cool the design is. I think the F06 will hold value much better starting in 2022. Question is, will you have moved on in 2022 or will you stick around?

Unfortunately, BMW designers didn't deviate a lot in either F10 or F06/12/13 M Sport body design with the M car itself. As you suggested, a F10 is a dime a dozen and a M sport is hard to differentiate in a quick glance from an M5, and the outdated utilitarian interior doesn't do it favors.

A F12/13 is a hard find, a F06 is a rare bird....and I'm not even talking about a M6 versions here. I still get a ton of head turns, glances, walk ups and picture snaps even in the bay area for my car. It's a coveted car.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 03-07-2019 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
mikerx5461.00