View Single Post
      01-05-2019, 07:54 AM   #54
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

YOWZA!

Ok, so maybe you guys can help out here.

As of a few days ago, the MSRP on the 6-series unit from AVIN was $470. Now, it' listed at $740. So, either someone there has dyslexia, or they sprung the trap shut.

I sent an email to them asking the question about HOW the system works - does it "pass through" the BMW alerts actively, or do we need to switch back and forth between the two environments to gain information on systems like TPMS, backup camera, oil level, audio system EQ settings, and so on. Crickets. No reply.

I'm also wondering how many of the 'add-ons' are necessary. For example, what do they mean by external or internal TPMS monitors - isn't that included in the unit? And why would we need an additional F06 backup camera given a backup camera if the system works with our OEM camera? Does the kit (I would assume...) include a high-res screen?

So, when I price this thing out, it's looking like closer to $1000, which is well on the way to a full NBT upgrade. I'm also wondering how complicated the conversion is... they don't post any sort of instructions, so we don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes. Any info on that would be appreciated.

Your thoughts?
Appreciate 0